Q&A for Lashes:
Q: How long does it take to apply a full set?
A: It takes a complete 2 hours to apply a full set. The technician is applying a single false lash to each individual natural lash so the process takes time. After that, every 2-3 weeks you get a fill for upkeep and that only takes an hour or so depending on the proper care taken at home.
Q: Will the extensions rip out my natural lashes?
A: No, the technician is properly trained to make sure each lash is not glued to another. Now, if not properly taken care of at home, tugged or pulled on, then yes that will cause damage.
Q: Can I get my lashes wet?
A: Yes, but do not get your lashes wet the first 24 hours of having them done.
Q: Can I get lashes if I have sensitive eyes?
A: The answer is, yes. We provide a sensitive eyelash glue for clients who are particularly sensitive.
Q: Is it painful to get eyelash extensions?
A: No, not at all! The experience is very relaxing. You do not feel a thing when the technician is working on you. A lot of clients fall asleep during the service.
Q: Can I go blind if the glue gets in my eyes?
A: No, our technicians are trained to properly apply the adhesive. Your eyes may water once you open your eyes after the service, but that is completely normal. It is just because of the fumes from the glue. Completely harmless.
Aftercare for Eyelash Extensions
The first 24 hours:
- Do not get eyelashes wet to let glue properly set and dry
- Avoid hot steam from shower or sauna
- BE GENTLE! That means to not rub your eye area excessively, sanitize hands if you have to touch your eye area, and do not wash your lashes.
After 24 hours:
-- Avoid oil based cleansers, makeup remover, and lotions. Oil will break down the adhesive and cause your false lashes to fall off. Instead, use oil free products.
- Avoid using any oil based makeup, that includes eyeliner.
- DO NOT apply mascara to your lashes. This will cause the lashes to stick together and will damage not only your false lashes but your natural lashes as well.
- Avoid using an eyelash curler.
- Schedule a touch up every 2-3 weeks to keep up with your lashes and to always keep them looking full.